A good slew of Starcraft II matches last week, as we get closer to the holiday season. Here are some of the highs!
MEME OF THE WEEK
RAGE RANT OF THE WEEK
"hey, looks like I'm way ahead! 10 templar, tons of chargelots, stalkers, and a few collosi!" "oh shit he EMP'd. It'll be fine though I can just kite backwards." "what? He's stimming right there.. where did my collosi go?" "ok archon time!" "where did my archons go?" drops in the main right as I move out. "alright I'm way ahead, lets do some eco damage and maybe even win!" "oh no he's dropping. I'd better recall!" "ok, he got away without losing a single marine... that's fine." "shit, now he has more time to get tanks and PFs. I need to kill him, now!" "ANOTHER FUCKING DROP? ok better recall.. crap! it's off cooldown! I could either go back home or turn it into an all-in; either way it looks like I'll lose. terran imba."
So, we received this Rage Rant last week. From a Protoss player hating on Terran. Yes, we repeat: a PROTOSS player hating on TERRAN. Now, this goes against the usual whining dynamics in SC2 (for a refresher on whining dynamics, check out the Rage Rant of the Week in this issue of the newsletter).
But back to this gem, this pretty poem of Protoss pain. Self-inflicted pain, to some extent, it must be said, a bit like a disruptor shot hitting your own zealots (alas, we know this feeling all too well). We might be wrong, but it feels to us that you don't have enough map vision, and an addiction to F2. Observers are your friend, never get surprised by drops again. Unless you stack them all on your army because of F2. And if you absolutely can't stop using F2, and can't split some of your army across bases (with cannon + shield battery), then maybe it's time to make the same face as the gif above and start going on the offensive more often.
As a reminder to our readers: you can send us your rage rants at firstname.lastname@example.org!
THE DANK TEMPLARS UNIVERSITY
BUSY NERD EDITION: TOP MATCHES OF THE WEEK
Busy week and couldn't catch up on the best Starcraft II matches? No worries - we got you covered.
WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR THIS WEEK
The holiday season is close by, and besides TSL, there won't be any major tournaments until January of next year. But despair not! There is still much Starcraft II action to catch:
- TSL6: the action continues Saturday, December 19, and ends the next day; don't miss out on what looks like an amazing ending to an amazing tournament!
- Qualifiers for the DH SC2 Masters Last Chance 2021 continue next week - check out the Liquipedia page here for times and streamers
- Look out for a major announcement from the Dank Templars on Reddit ;)
TOURNAMENT RESULTS [SPOILERS]
- GSL SuperTournament 2 2020: Trap (P), teamless, takes it over Stats (P) in the finals, 4-3; how is Trap still teamles?? Also, 1st time a Protoss wins a major tournament in what seems like 234876 years!
- ESL Open Cup #48, EU: HeRoMaRinE (T) takes it over Elazer (Z) 3-2; HeRoMaRinE now has 22 ESL Open Cup wins, a record
- ESL Open Cup #48, KR: Stats (P) beats Rogue (Z) in the finals, 3-1
- ESL Open Cup #48, AM: Continuing the tradition of non-Americas players dominating the Americas Cup, Korean legend ByuN (T) takes it over his fellow Korean Zest (P) 3-1
That's it for this week nerds. Thanks for reading, and tell your Starcraft friend(s) about us! If you wish to support/contribute, you can do so here! Keep raging and keep pwning. GLHF!