The last full week before the end of the year was a bit of a calm one, due to the holidays. But there was still some nice SC2 action, so read on!
MEME OF THE WEEK
RAGE RANT OF THE WEEK
Colossi. What's up with that War of the Worlds bullshit unit? I feel like it's impossible to engage, its range is ridiculous, and it just melts all my ground units that are busy trying to deal with invincible chargelots. And if I try to attack colossi with vikings, it just seems like stalkers and storm just wreck them.
Now, we usually play Protoss and don't want to give Terrans an edge against us on ladder. So we'll give some elements of an answer, but it should be enough: engage from multiple sides + tanks + ranged libs + actual target fire the colossi. Good luck, hope we meet on ladder :))
BUSY NERD EDITION: TOP MATCHES OF THE WEEK
Busy week and couldn't catch up on the best Starcraft II matches? No worries - we got you covered.
WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR THIS WEEK
Major SC2 tournaments are back! The OSC Championship 8, with a $5k+ prize pool, starts on Saturday and goes on for a week. We'll be watching this one for sure.
Thankfully, you don't have to wait until Saturday to quench your SC2 thirst! Check out some of these events:
- The weekly ESL Open Cup #51 on Monday (note: EU edition postponed to Tuesday due to SC2 server issues)
- A Bo11 showmatch between ByuN (T) and Zest (P) also on Monday
- An 8-player tournament ($500 prize pool) with players like ByuN (T), PartinG (P), Solar (Z), starting on the 29th and ending on the 31st.
Also, here's a quick update on the Dank Templars - the People's Challenge #1, a Bo7 showmatch between 2 pros of your choice! With 78 votes in so far, here's how things look:
- Player vote leaderboard (number of votes in parentheses): Serral (24), TY (12), Maru (11), Dark (11), ByuN (11), PartinG (9), Harstem (9)
Voting is still open this week. Vote and tell your friends / pros / casters! Prize pool is $125. For more info and to vote, click here.
TOURNAMENT RESULTS [SPOILERS]
- ESL Open Cup #50, EU: Did anyone order a cheese pizza with extra cheese on top? In an ... unorthodox but entertaining finals, Clem (T) takes down Bly (Z) 3-2
- ESL Open Cup #50, KR: Zest (P) takes it over Trap (P), 3-1
- ESL Open Cup #50, AM: Zest (P) tries to win 2 Open Cups in a week, but is stopped 3-0 by cheeky boy PartinG (P) in the finals
That's it for this week nerds. Thanks for reading, and if you wish to support/contribute, you can do so here! We also wish you a Happy New Year full of success on ladder (and also in the real world). Keep raging and keep pwning. GLHF!