If you noticed, we didn't send out a newsletter last week - that's because we were stuck in a nasty Stasis Ward. But we're back with a dank newsletter covering the last 2 weeks of Starcraft 2!
MEME OF THE WEEK
RAGE RANT OF THE WEEK
What's up with Swarm hosts and the locusts they spew? Like seriously, free units, don't even cost energy, insane damage, can F*CKING fly like some cockroach devils, and tanky as hell. Very balanced unit indeed. 1 sec my main is under attack and I lose all my add-ons in a blink, then my 3rd is under attack and I lose a third of my economy, and in that time, the zerg hasn't lost a single unit. Explain to me how that's fair, this is so ridiculous.
If we had a quarter for every time we encountered a salty Terran, we'd be in the Cayman Islands right now, trying to hide our newfound wealth from every tax authority in the universe. But let's come back to reality for a second. Swarm hosts. In the metal leagues, they can be a problem. But there's a reason we don't see those hell muffins often in pro matches. Given that we're fairly confident you're in the metal leagues, this basic strategy should work (if you macro as well, or as bad, as your opponent) : go for the throat. While they're out on the edges of the map trying to fly the spawn of Satan into your main base, take all your army, and a-move into their bases. You should have quite a sizeable army advantage, and given that scouting is still a foreign word in the metal leagues, it should come as a surprise to your opponent. And when they finally come back with the Swarm hosts, try not to engage the locusts directly.
If that doesn't work, just rage a bit, punch a wall, and send us another rage rant next week - preferably, with a replay that we can laugh at - no sorry, we meant look at.
THE DANK TEMPLARS UNIVERSITY
BUSY NERD EDITION: TOP MATCHES OF THE WEEK
Busy week and couldn't catch up on the best Starcraft II matches? No worries - we got you covered.
TOURNAMENT RESULTS [SPOILERS]
- DreamHack SC2 Masters 2020 Winter, Season Finals: after failing to win the EU edition of the tournament, Serral (Z) comes back with a vengeance to take the whole thing, defeating Stats (P) 4-2 in the finals
- ESL Open Cup #44, EU: 2 incredible achievements occurred two weeks ago. Lewis Hamilton won his 7th Formula 1 World Championship, equaling Schumacher's record. And HeroMarine (T) won his 20th ESL Open Cup (an absolute record), beating uThermal (T) 3-0 in the finals.
- ESL Open Cup #44, KR: Dream (T) takes it over DongRaeGu (Z) 3-1
- ESL Open Cup #44, AM: Dream (T) tries to make it a double win, but ultimately falls against Solar (Z) in the finals (0-3)
- ESL Open Cup #45, EU: ShoWTimE (P) doesn't drop a map on his way to claim victory, defeating souL (T) 3-0 in the finals
- ESL Open Cup #45, KR: Rogue (Z) takes it over Dark (Z) 3-1
- ESL Open Cup #45, AM: the tradition of Korean domination in the AM continues, with Solar (Z) taking it over Armani (Z), 3-2