Lots of Starcraft II action last week! Here's what you might have missed.
MEME OF THE WEEK
RAGE RANT OF THE WEEK
I had a day off, so I decided to spend the whole day on ladder and try to get into a new league. But I lost 400MMR instead. I don't get it, it seems Terran is just so weak these days. Do I need to take a break? I feel so frustrated. - Terran, Plat 3
You probably know by now, that if you're looking for a shoulder to cry on, you're looking in the wrong place. Here at the Dank Templars, all we can offer are memes, rage, and tough love. So here it goes: if you lose 400MMR in one day, then it's not because Terran sucks right now: it's because you suck right now.
And that's all right - only once you diagnose the problem, can you solve it. So, what to do next? If you continue playing at this rate, Blizzard might need to create a new league below Bronze just for you. Let's avoid that: take a few days off, that's a good idea for sure.
After that, don't just jump on the ladder again. Take a piece of paper, a pen, and go through 3 replays of your worst losses. Note down what went wrong. And then, watch the video in the Dank Templars University section below: get your macro going.
And then, pick 3 vanilla macro builds (one per matchup), and just do those. That's it. No getting creative or weird. Just practice those builds over and over again until you start winning games consistently.
And if you're feeling generous, as a thank you for our awesome advice, send us one of your worst replays - we might cast it and upload it to YouTube. We also might need to drink hard liquor to be able to get through it and then pour bleach into our eyes.
THE DANK TEMPLARS UNIVERSITY
BUSY NERD EDITION: TOP MATCHES OF LAST WEEK
Busy week and couldn't catch up on the best Starcraft II matches? No worries - we got you covered.
TOURNAMENT RESULTS [SPOILERS]
- King of Battles: Maru (T) wins it all, defeating Cure (T) 4-1 in the finals
- GSL 2020 Season 3, Ro16 Group C: Defensive legend Stats (P) and Maru (T) advance, over ByuN (T) and PartinG (P)
- GSL 2020 Season 3, Ro16 Group D: In the group of death, Trap (P) and INnoVation (T) make it over Dark (Z) and Rogue (Z)
- ESL Open Cup #39, EU: Clem (T) wins against HeRoMaRinE (T), 3-2
- ESL Open Cup #39, KR: Solar (Z) takes it over Trap (P), 3-1
- ESL Open Cup #39, AM: Succesful people always say you should never be satisfied. Solar (Z) took that to heart: after winning the KR edition, he jumped on the AM edition and won that too, over MaxPax (P), 3-0